Isolated Eth/CAN Gateway
Isolated CANBUS interface over Ethernet
Actual military vehicles are prepared with CANBUS to host modern C4I systems. In order to convert Ethernet to CAN signals, roda has already built initial functional samples of the Ethernet-CAN isolated adapter which are VG96916-T5 and MIL-STD-1275 qualified. The isolated Ethernet-CAN adapter is equipped with a micro-controller and its own power supply. The controllable communication paths allow data transmission in full-duplex (CAN to Ethernet and Ethernet to CAN) or half-duplex (data transfer in one direction) over internet with standard TCP/IP protocol.
In addition, the web interface can be used to set individual functions, including a CAN network filter.
- 16 - 32 VDC according to MIL-STD-1275 and VG96916T5
- LAN (10/100 Mbps) >500 VDC isolated
- DB9 (250/500/1000 kbps) >500 VDC isolated
- Full-Duplex: Simultaneous transmission between Ethernet and CAN
- Half-Duplex-1: Only data transmission from Ethernet to CAN
- Half-Duplex-2: Only data transmission from CAN to Ethernet
- Web-Interface: Setting up the device, the communication mode and CAN-filter
- Evaluation model with standard connectors: 1x RJ45, 1x DB9, 1x DC-In, 1x grounding bolt
- Serial model with MIL connectors: 1x MIL LAN, 1x MIL CAN, 1x MIL DC-In, 1x grounding bolt
- Design to meet MIL-STD-810H
- Design to meet MIL-STD-461G
- Approx. 1 kg